Wednesday, October 8, 2008

13 marathons? Wow, I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Today I met a man at the gym, my runner friend Mia had pointed me out to him so he came over to talk to me. Turns out that this will be his 13th marathon. He asked how I was feeling and I told him how worried I was about everything including my hip. He told me that come Sunday morning all my fears will be gone, I won't feel any pain and all I will want to do is run. He said there is so much excitement that morning, the music will be playing and everything will be OK. He gave me advice about the course, where to have people meet me, where the route gets hard, etc. After a 20 minute conversation I asked him what his name was & introduced myself. Little does Joe know what inspiration he gave to me this morning, thanks Joe!

No comments: