Monday, October 6, 2008

My new skirt

So many of you know how much I love the day my new In Style magazine arrives at my house. I crawl into bed around 8 that night and read the entire thing cover to cover, making sure to fold down the corners to all my favorite items. Then I continue to look through the magazine for the rest of the month until the next one arrives. It's one magazine that I don't throw away... I have stacks and stacks of them. Now I know I could just tear out the page and out it in a binder like I do for recipes, but there is just something about the magazine that I can't part with.

Well you can only imagine my excitement when my Runners World magazine arrived and the issue was all about running skirts. I went for awhile thinking, no... I can't do that, I would feel so silly! But in the back on my head, I kept thinking, man they are so cute. :) So today at the gym I was talking with a fellow runner that was wearing one herself. She raved about how comfortable it was to run in. I have to say she looked so dang cute in it that every negative thought I once had was gone. I got in my car and immediately started calling all the local running/sports stores. No luck. Lot's of them didn't carry them and the ones that did, didn't have it available in an XS. So I hopped on my computer as soon as I finished giving the boys lunch and found one at Nike.com. It will be here in just a few days and I am so excited to wear it, I hope it's here before the Marathon on Sunday! Running long distances kinda makes you feel pretty gross so maybe, just maybe if I am sporting my cute new running skirt it will help me feel pretty when I cross the finish line!



Make fun of me if you wish, but I love it - 26.2 here I come!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are going to look SOOOOO cute in this skirt! You should wear it on your run this weekend. I am going to miss seeing you at SIU! Lets get together soon :-)